Question about Reloading 7.62X54R

wenzou

Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Location
Calgary
Today wanted try my new Mosin in AB Public Range, but cannot find any 7.62X54R ammo in Calgary (except Norma, $56/box) gun store. So my friend and me want to try the reloading the ammo.

Which kind bullet is good for reloading 7.62X54R(</= 150 Gr.)

and which kind gun powder is good??

Thanks a lot
 
you can visit data.hodgdon.com
plenty of choices

Bullet Weight (Gr.) Manufacturer Powder Bullet Diam. C.O.L. Grs. Vel. (ft/s) Pressure Grs. Vel. (ft/s) Pressure
110 GR. HDY SP Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.715" 51.0 3016 34,700 CUP 55.0C 3200 39,900 CUP
110 GR. HDY SP Hodgdon BL-C(2) .308" 2.715" 56.0 3141 34,200 CUP 60.0 3376 42,300 CUP
110 GR. HDY SP Hodgdon H335 .308" 2.715" 51.0 3126 36,300 CUP 54.5 3332 45,200 CUP
110 GR. HDY SP Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.715" 51.0 3150 35,500 CUP 55.0C 3345 43,400 CUP
110 GR. HDY SP Hodgdon Benchmark .308" 2.715" 47.0 3060 39,700 CUP 50.5 3213 44,900 CUP
125 GR. SIE SP Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.715" 51.0 2967 37,400 CUP 55.0C 3139 45,700 CUP
125 GR. SIE SP Hodgdon BL-C(2) .308" 2.715" 56.0 3094 37,500 CUP 60.0 3298 45,100 CUP
125 GR. SIE SP Hodgdon H335 .308" 2.715" 50.0 2997 36,500 CUP 53.0 3193 45,100 CUP
125 GR. SIE SP Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.715" 50.0 3036 36,700 CUP 54.0C 3236 45,700 CUP
150 GR. NOS BT Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.875" 47.0 2721 38,000 CUP 50.5 2985 46,400 CUP
150 GR. NOS BT Hodgdon BL-C(2) .308" 2.875" 52.0 2878 40,200 CUP 55.5 3027 46,300 CUP
150 GR. NOS BT Hodgdon H335 .308" 2.875" 46.0 2751 38,800 CUP 49.5 2918 45,900 CUP
150 GR. NOS BT Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.875" 46.0 2769 38,000 CUP 49.5C 2938 46,300 CUP
165 GR. BAR XBTC Hodgdon H4350 .308" 2.950" 52.0 2608 36,300 CUP 55.0C 2740 41,500 CUP
165 GR. BAR XBTC Hodgdon H414 .308" 2.950" 49.0 2521 33,600 CUP 52.0 2669 41,400 CUP
165 GR. BAR XBTC Hodgdon H380 .308" 2.950" 47.0 2499 35,900 CUP 50.0 2629 40,800 CUP
165 GR. BAR XBTC Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.950" 45.0 2581 39,800 CUP 48.3 2727 46,000 CUP
165 GR. BAR XBTC Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.950" 44.0 2633 40,200 CUP 47.0 2761 45,800 CUP
180 GR. SFT SCIR Hodgdon H4831 .308" 2.975" 51.0 2281 31,900 CUP 55.0C 2484 39,200 CUP
180 GR. SFT SCIR Hodgdon H4350 .308" 2.975" 51.0 2493 37,600 CUP 55.0C 2692 44,700 CUP
180 GR. SFT SCIR Hodgdon H414 .308" 2.975" 49.0 2478 38,600 CUP 52.0 2622 45,600 CUP
180 GR. SFT SCIR Hodgdon H380 .308" 2.975" 47.0 2430 38,200 CUP 50.0 2542 42,000 CUP
180 GR. SFT SCIR Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.975" 43.0 2409 38,400 CUP 46.5C 2575 45,900 CUP
180 GR. SFT SCIR Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.975" 42.0 2482 40,900 CUP 45.4C 2618 45,800 CUP
200 GR. SPR SP Hodgdon H4831 .308" 2.950" 52.0 2348 41,100 CUP 55.0C 2468 45,700 CUP
200 GR. SPR SP Hodgdon H4350 .308" 2.950" 48.0 2329 37,400 CUP 52.0 2529 46,500 CUP
200 GR. SPR SP Hodgdon H414 .308" 2.950" 48.0 2396 40,500 CUP 51.0 2526 45,500 CUP
200 GR. SPR SP Hodgdon H380 .308" 2.950" 46.0 2337 41,200 CUP 49.0 2432 46,600 CUP
200 GR. SPR SP Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.950" 41.0 2304 41,500 CUP 44.0 2412 46,000 CUP
200 GR. SPR SP Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.950" 39.0 2271 41,400 CUP 42.2 2411 46,400 CUP
220 GR. HDY JRN Hodgdon H4831 .308" 2.830" 50.0 2209 39,100 CUP 54.0C 2381 46,000 CUP
220 GR. HDY JRN Hodgdon H4350 .308" 2.830" 47.0 2227 37,600 cup 50.5C 2396 45,900 CUP
220 GR. HDY JRN Hodgdon H414 .308" 2.830" 47.0 2296 40,200 CUP 49.5 2401 44,500 CUP
220 GR. HDY JRN Hodgdon H380 .308" 2.830" 43.0 2145 39,400 CUP 46.0 2274 45,900 CUP
220 GR. HDY JRN Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.830" 40.0 2178 42,300 CUP 42.5 2269 46,000 CUP
220 GR. HDY JRN Hodgdon H4895 .308" 2.830" 38.0 2143 41,200 CUP 41.0 2263 46,600 CUP
 
You can use the same bullets as a .303 British, which are .311" diameter. I50 grain .311 bullets are commonly available. IMR 3031 would be good as wood H 4895.
 
You can use the same bullets as a .303 British, which are .311" diameter. I50 grain .311 bullets are commonly available. IMR 3031 would be good as wood H 4895.

I agree 100% with your post but I have had a hard time finding .311 reloading data. Most everything I've seen on Hodgdon's site and Lee's reloading manual is for .308 diameter. I'll probably have to check if the library has reloading manuals now.

(All they had was the ABC's of reloading, guess I'll have to check this out)
 
Last edited:
I agree 100% with your post but I have had a hard time finding .311 reloading data. Most everything I've seen on Hodgdon's site and Lee's reloading manual is for .308 diameter. I'll probably have to check if the library has reloading manuals now.

(All they had was the ABC's of reloading, guess I'll have to check this out)

Personally think, .308 and .311 if bullelt weight are same, we can use same reloading data!
 
OK!
:runaway:
:mad:
I have been looking high and low and can't find a die set any were for this caliber. I tried Russel's, witch is now owned by Whole Sale Sports that I also tried too. Plus I also contacted tried Italian, Lever, Realiable, Cabella's. I ask Chemist & posted on Wolverine's add in the retailer's section of the EE just for some already made factory ammo & no response. I would realy like to start working up a load since I got some brass & bullet's. Or atleast be able to take this rifle hunting next year. Thanx for all the info so far on loading it, just wish I could get the chance to use all this infromation.
 
OK!
:runaway:
:mad:
I have been looking high and low and can't find a die set any were for this caliber. I tried Russel's, witch is now owned by Whole Sale Sports that I also tried too. Plus I also contacted tried Italian, Lever, Realiable, Cabella's. I ask Chemist & posted on Wolverine's add in the retailer's section of the EE just for some already made factory ammo & no response. I would realy like to start working up a load since I got some brass & bullet's. Or atleast be able to take this rifle hunting next year. Thanx for all the info so far on loading it, just wish I could get the chance to use all this infromation.

Here you go:


http://www.tradeexcanada.com/index.php?option=com_paxgallery&task=view&gid=12&iid=2030


Give Anthony a shout, he will fix you up.
 
Back
Top Bottom