Question about the Richards-Mason conversion.

Stormwind

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok most of us knows what the Richards Mason conversion is. Here's what I don't like about it though, the removeal of the loading lever. Now this is purely an asthetic consideration.

Is the removal of the loading lever necessary or can the conversion still leave it intact and still mount the ejector rod?

I love the look of the old Colt 1860 revolver and the loading lever completes it's look, though removed it looks amputated. Is it possible to have the conversion while still preserving the leading lever?
 
I dont see why not, when firing the gun the loading lever doesnt com into consideration. Im looking at my 1851 navy and It seems as though it would pose no problem. Although i am just guessing right now :p I agree with you on this one the gun looks off without the lever. Like an m4 with no fore stock haha
 
Here is a picture of an 1860 Army with a Kirst Konverter kit on it and the loading lever removed:

60ColtArmyRevolverKirstKonverter.jpg

60ColtArmyKonverter2.jpg

60ColtArmyEjector3.jpg


The ejector button would get in the way of the old loading lever with this type of conversion.
 
Back
Top Bottom