fat tony
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Are there any records of The Royal Navy using Mullane shells with any of their Rifled Muzzle Loader cannons in the 19th century? Specifically, the 2.94" Mullane shells. . .
Someone I know found one of these, or something very similar to it and I have handled it numerous times. It was found in the cliffs adjacent to 5 Islands Provincial Park. Sadly, it was discarded decades ago. - I read up on these and found that according to some anecdotal reports they were notoriously unreliable, and mainly were used by the CSA - why would one have been shot into a cliff in the Bay of Fundy?
What is more, my impresssion was that the RN was known to use only reliable munitions, why would they be dicking around with Mullane shells on RN Warships?
Someone I know found one of these, or something very similar to it and I have handled it numerous times. It was found in the cliffs adjacent to 5 Islands Provincial Park. Sadly, it was discarded decades ago. - I read up on these and found that according to some anecdotal reports they were notoriously unreliable, and mainly were used by the CSA - why would one have been shot into a cliff in the Bay of Fundy?
What is more, my impresssion was that the RN was known to use only reliable munitions, why would they be dicking around with Mullane shells on RN Warships?
Last edited:


















































