Question for Collectors on Old Imperial Ammo

Brocolt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
287   0   1
I have a few boxes of Older Imperial 12ga. shot shells and I'm wondering if there collectors pieces or if they have a greater value?
just asking before I deside to blast them or unload them.

Imperial%20shells.JPG


Imperial%20shells2.JPG
 
Not much collector value there. I would shoot them up at late season sharptails, pheasant or maybe turkey. Shot lots of those in my younger years at ducks and geese. They were a decent shell. Quality control at the end went south when CIL sold to IVI... IMO.
 
Found and couple boxes of Imperials , at a gunshow for $20 , so I bought them , and blasted them of at some clays. :ar15:
Maybe it was the age of the ammo , but these rds didn't feel much different than C Tire fieldgrade shells.
I shot Imperial through the 70's and were considered one of the best , aprx $6 -$8 a box .
Sellier & Bellot shot shells were paper , back then , and cost something like $2 a box. These S&B's (#5's usually ) were my go-to ammo for cottontal and /or Bobwhite quail or even clays. :D

The empty box will likely have just as much value , as a full one , for collectablity. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom