Question for the inline muzzleloader pros

kwmack

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Location
Eastern Ontario
Thinking about investing in my first muzzleloader and was just curious about purchasing a scope. I've read that a ml scope is different from a rifle scope (that the parallax is set for shorter range). Just wondering if this was true, and what your luck has been in using a rifle scope on a muzzleloader. Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Any lower power scope will suffice. 1-4 up to 2-7 are typically perfect for a muzzleloader and the parallax will be fine. Bushnell Banner 1.5-4x32 is a pain to dial in but I've had good luck with them holding zero...I wouldn't go any cheaper myself.
 
Great. I've been looking at the CVA Wolf...It comes with mount and rings but no scope. It's a really short gun, so don't want something too big on it simply for cosmetic reasons if nothing else
 
Last edited:
Cva wolf has a high hammer and you will need extra tall rings and a scope with a small ocular bell or the hammer will rebound off it...I have one and put a tasco red dot on it. It's been on there for three years without issue. It's nicer IMO than a scope on this gun.
 
I have a 2x turkey scope on my Encore and a 3x9 on a Knight. I prefer the turkey scope as it has a circle around the crosshairs that fit a turkey's head at 20 yds. So if you have a running critter all I do is put the circle on the furnace rather than trying to centre crosshairs. It also has an incredibly long eye relief which helps. Works for me
 
I have a 3-9 power on my TC muzzle loader and managed to take a white-tail at 175 yards a couple years ago so they can reach out there a bit.
 
My son has fixed 4X Leupold on his TC Omega and killed a nice 6 pt. at 187 yards, lasered, with no problem.
I use a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3-9x on my Savage inline but wouldn't feel undone by a fixed 2x.
 
Back
Top Bottom