Question on Lee R.E.A.L. bullets

oldrodder

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.6%
244   1   0
Location
Sudbury, ON
This is my first experience with REAL bullets, having always shot Minnie balls in my .54
I would think it nessesary to lube the bullet somehow. What do you reccomend and how do I use it?
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

Mike
 
I used R.E.A.L. bullets for years and harvested many deer with them, I always lubed them though it is a bit messy. I hold it between two fingers one on top and one on the bottom and then just smear lube down the sides to fill the grooves between the ridges. It is always handy to have a rag or small towel in your possibles bag for wiping your hands after lubing the bullets.
 
Tumble lube them in alox, Lee's recommendation in the instructions!!

Agreed, tumble or "pan" lube. I use Lee Liquid Alox which can be thinned down with mineral spirits...or..you can mix 50/50 with TC Bore Butter and do how I've done here
with my TC Maxi-Ball;
ht tp://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/275468/
 
Back
Top Bottom