Hi folks,
Well here's something which recently came to my home.
I believe it's a MkII Carbine? The barrel measures a bit more than 21 inches.
Some holes seems to have been unfortunately drilled on the right side of the receiver, near the cocking indicator hole; no idea why.
A unit disk was found on the un-salvageable buttstock:
The bad: I need a butt stock; any chance I can find this somewhere? I know IMA USA has some new ones for $100 plus shipiping... any hope of finding a used replacement closer to home and closer to my budget?
Also, the rear sight seems to be missing it's elevation slide. What to do with this one?
The two bands are in rough shape, but I should be able to de-rust them and to free their screws (will probably need some heat) and save them.
On the plus side, the action feels solid, its moving parts in good shape, and there's some rifling visible in the bore
So, hoping to bring this one into shootable state. Thanks for any tip or help...
Louis
Well here's something which recently came to my home.
I believe it's a MkII Carbine? The barrel measures a bit more than 21 inches.
Some holes seems to have been unfortunately drilled on the right side of the receiver, near the cocking indicator hole; no idea why.
A unit disk was found on the un-salvageable buttstock:
The bad: I need a butt stock; any chance I can find this somewhere? I know IMA USA has some new ones for $100 plus shipiping... any hope of finding a used replacement closer to home and closer to my budget?
Also, the rear sight seems to be missing it's elevation slide. What to do with this one?
The two bands are in rough shape, but I should be able to de-rust them and to free their screws (will probably need some heat) and save them.
On the plus side, the action feels solid, its moving parts in good shape, and there's some rifling visible in the bore
So, hoping to bring this one into shootable state. Thanks for any tip or help...
Louis


















































