Wasn't sure whether to post here or in the Shotgun forum, but here goes.
An example of a gun that followed me home from a relative. I know next to nothing about shotguns or even if this is an antique as I could not find any date markings on the gun.
As far as I can tell, the manufactruer is R B Rodda. The gun is a side by side smooth bore, shotgun in 12 gauge. 3 piece breakdown, seperate trigger for each hammer, fully chassed (sp?) barrels and metal work, ejector.
Now for the not so good news.: heavy crack at the neck of the stock; very glossy refinish on the wood; two severe dents in the right barrel about 3" from the muzzle; home made case.
Can anyone tell me anymore than a quick net search reveals about this gun? My relative has asked me to define a fair price for it and, if reasonable I'll buy it.
Regards,
John
An example of a gun that followed me home from a relative. I know next to nothing about shotguns or even if this is an antique as I could not find any date markings on the gun.
As far as I can tell, the manufactruer is R B Rodda. The gun is a side by side smooth bore, shotgun in 12 gauge. 3 piece breakdown, seperate trigger for each hammer, fully chassed (sp?) barrels and metal work, ejector.
Now for the not so good news.: heavy crack at the neck of the stock; very glossy refinish on the wood; two severe dents in the right barrel about 3" from the muzzle; home made case.
Can anyone tell me anymore than a quick net search reveals about this gun? My relative has asked me to define a fair price for it and, if reasonable I'll buy it.
Regards,
John


















































