Ram Rod Scratching

kidbear68

Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Location
Southern Ontario
Hey guys, I'm new to muzzleloading in fact fired my new CVA today for the first time. I was using the ram Rod to load and swab the barrel but after my short range session and cleaning I noticed that my ram Rod has been scratched up fairly significantly. Is this normal? Should I be doing something differently?

Thanks,

Kyle
 
Can't see that scratches on the ramrod matter much. But the scratches indicate that the muzzle crown is getting rubbed. As suggested, a bore guide might be a good idea.
 
Wear on the gun's wooden rod is normal. Only means that the rod is not being pushed down the bore centered. As mentioned previously there are Delrin rods available for ML use. I use them in all my MLs for cleaning and line loading. I only use the rod on my gun on trail walks. There are muzzle guides available to help center your rod to the bore. TOW will ship to you....
 
Just buy some of that semi hardwood doweling from Home Depot etc, screw a hand grenade, ivory ball or something similar on it and load away. I don't see that the doweling will ever harm rifling or crown, especially on a modern bored firearm.

ramrod%20001_3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Back
Top Bottom