Ramrod tips?

Hi Gerard, there is a home based outfit in Nanaimo (2 Paws Trading) he doesn't have a website, but he has everything related to BP shooting.
Have you given any thought using a "ply ramrod "
I'll PM 2paws phone #
Cheers nessy.
 
Old-timers out East used a brass throwaway thing from one of them new-fangled "cartridge guns". Think it's called an "empty".

My 11-bore 46-inch-barreled muzzleloader came with the "original" ramrod tip, or so I am told: a .450 Express 3-inch casing!

Wish I had the RIFLE that shot it!
 
I presume you want a brass or iron tip that is threaded to accept a jag or other attachments. Almost any shop that handles black powder/muzzle loading stuff will have them. Try also www.shooterschoice.com/black powder / loading accessories/ ramrod tips kits. They are sized to fit the outside diameter of your ramrod (5/16, 3/8, etc.) and usually are available with 8-32 and 10-32 female threads to fit your accessories.

If you simply want to sleeve a wooden ramrod to protect the end from splitting, use an appropriate straight walled cartridge case with the rim filed off and a wood screw fitted to fill the drilled-out-and -countersunk primer hole or, as I do: purchase brass tubing at a local hobby shop and fit a couple of inches of it to the ramrod. Glue it in place with epoxy then cup the exposed wood inside the brass sleeve so the end will center itself over the ball. Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom