ranson italia .58 cal rifle ?

shooterm

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Ontario
I have a line on one but never heard of it before anyone have any insight on it. No pics just talked over the phone with guy, said it was like new still had the box
 
A quick Google check turned up some information regarding Ranson muzzleloaders. The company was in business from 1945 to 1979. The Ranson .58 caliber, reproduction 1863 Remington Zoave rifle was considered to be a very high quality reproduction Civil War arms. You can likely find much more information on line. But for now, this should be of some help.
 
Are they popular? I seen one digging through the exchange forum for sale for $350 I tried to google it but not much comes up on them except for what Allex said which is basically all I seen
 
There is a following for the reproduction Zouave rifles, more so in the US. Of course you have a lot more shooters down there. The Antonio Zoli brand is maybe a bit more popular/recognized as I believe they made a larger number. However, I would not pass up a Ranson if one came up if I was looking for that kind of a muzzleloader. You have to also decide if you want a 58 caliber.
 
what about 58 cal? Is is hard to get?

It might may a bit harder to find bullets/balls at some places then say a 50 caliber but supplies aren't that hard to find. A lot of shooters cast their own projectiles. As far as the caliber, it's a lot more rifle than you need if you are doing general fun shooting and it's a lot more rifle than you need for deer. It just depends on what you want to use it for.
 
Thanks
Well I will have to think about it if the price is right I am more wanting to save my money for a 1853 enfield or bess but if the price is right
 
Back
Top Bottom