Ratshot

barnsaw

Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hey all,

Picked up a pack of CCI .22lr #12 shot (aka rat shot) for poops and giggles and because it was a buck. Just wondering if anyone has ever used this and how fun or how useless it is.

Thanks

BTW I don't actually own a .22 yet:rolleyes:
 
have tried several different brands of the stuff.shoots like crap.be lucky to kill a sparrow from 10 feet.a number of years ago when i first tried it there was an artical in a hunting mag.about the birdshot 22 rounds.the author found that the rifling deformed the shot and destroyed the pattern.took a single shot 22 and got the boredrilled/machined out to make it a smooth bore and the stuff was great.but for a buck have at it and enjoy.it works really good for catch and release hunting of problem critters.
 
x2 on the crap comment. Out of a rifled barrel, these "shotshells" pattern about 4 feet at 10 yards. I've tried shooting a pop bottle at 10 yards with a 24" barrel, and you're really lucky to get one pellet on it. Now, you could go buy a .22 smoothbore....
 
You don't need to buy a smoothbore. You make one! I've got a .22 from when I was a kid with like half a billion rounds through it and you can almost hear the lead rattle down the pipe.
 
Back
Top Bottom