RCMP antique status letter

rm_rang

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
53   0   2
Location
Napanee, ON
Hey guys

I am looking at buying an antique C96 Mauser out of the states but before I do that I would like to get the RCMP antique status letter for it so I know for sure I’m not stuck with yet another restricted handgun I can’t do anything with.

If anybody could let me know how to get one that would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
There were model 1896 pistols made prior to 1898.
The OP has announced that he plans on importing one of these.
He knows that he needs to document that the pistol qualifies as antique.
No doubt he will contact the SFSS through the CFP, with a detailed description of the pistol including its serial number, and request the letter classifying the pistol as antique.
This will facilitate importation.
 
Sorry I guess I was in a rush to write the thread and I forgot to specify that I was looking for help on how to get one of these letters

Call the CFP. 800 731 4000. Get through to a technician and explain what you want and why.
 
CFP will ask for info: s/n, length of barrel, etc. And they will ask for detailed pictures. Have those ready before contacting CFP.
 
CFP will ask for info: s/n, length of barrel, etc. And they will ask for detailed pictures. Have those ready before contacting CFP.


Few years back I bought one Webley Mark II from gunbroker.com .. before I bid on the revolver I called RCMP to get the antique status letter . The girl on th phone asked me where I am buying from , I told her about the gunbroker site . She asked me the auction number and opened the website and checked herself the pictures and serial number ... Next day I received the antique status letter by email ....
 
Back
Top Bottom