Re: 2500 lbs of 1 Fired LEO brass

Henry Nierychlo

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
786   0   0
Location
Surrey, B.C.
Re: 2500 lbs of 1 Fired LEO brass

I was at a scrap yard yesterday getting rid of some old radiators I had when I saw that they had approx 2500 lb. of 1 Fired LEO brass from the Vancouver Police Department. It's mostly .40 S&W and a little 9mm. It's pretty clean, It's in a crate 4 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet high. There's alot of Brass in there:eek: I'm guessing about 275,000 pieces!!! I thought maybe my freinds here on CGN would like to know about it. I'm not interested in it, maybe someone else is.
I'm told that around $3.00 per lb would probably get it.
I am just passing this info along.
To the moderators, I am just passing this interesting info along.
If there is a problem, Please delete this post.
PM me and I'll pass the contact info to you.
Kind Regards, Henry
PS; Curtton the moderator already deleted this from the EE section and told me to put it here.
 
Last edited:
quick math says thats $30/thou before shipping, sorting,cleaning. Could be a good deal for a local but with shipping etc it'll be right on par with current market value. Appreciate the heads up tho.
dB
 
scrap brass

the brass is only worth at the max $1.50 a pound . that;s what I was told . be careful you don;t get hosed if your thinking of buying it . weigh 100 peices of brass then do the math . then subtract stuff that will be damaged and you;ll see what I meen .
 
I made some phone calls around the GVA, and found out that scrap yards are paying $1.31 for cartridge brass.
I think that you wouldn't have to buy the whole lot, smaller quantities would be considered also.
Kind Regards, Henry
 
Back
Top Bottom