Alright I have spent the last 3 days looking on this forum, plus RCMP site, US sites, and have not found exactly what I am looking for. Found 3-4 different post on here but nothing about the exact procedures of importing an "Antique Firearms" both under US and Canadian standards
Looking for Real Cases from real people, not what "I heard" or what "I read", or most of all "says here" for the following ways of importing;
Importing via mail (ie usps. fed ex...ect)
Importing via Service (ie boarderview)
Importing via driving down and getting it
The best step by step way of importing would be great (paperwork on both sides of the border, things that had to be said, written, people you had to do nasty things with..... every detail) Any websites of dealers down south that would do it no hassle, any Canadian Antique dealers that could source out what I am looking for and or have.
The reason for this is I am looking for a real 1851 Colt Navy .36cal in shooting condition (as great as they are too look at, I still want to take it out now and then). I do not like the hassle of restricted and I feel shooting a reproduction is like driving a Fiero with a Ferrari body kit (may look wicked but just doesn't cut it). Now in that I do get iffy about shooting a $6k Antique otherwise I would have bought a few I have seen up here already.
So any help would be great!
Looking for Real Cases from real people, not what "I heard" or what "I read", or most of all "says here" for the following ways of importing;
Importing via mail (ie usps. fed ex...ect)
Importing via Service (ie boarderview)
Importing via driving down and getting it
The best step by step way of importing would be great (paperwork on both sides of the border, things that had to be said, written, people you had to do nasty things with..... every detail) Any websites of dealers down south that would do it no hassle, any Canadian Antique dealers that could source out what I am looking for and or have.
The reason for this is I am looking for a real 1851 Colt Navy .36cal in shooting condition (as great as they are too look at, I still want to take it out now and then). I do not like the hassle of restricted and I feel shooting a reproduction is like driving a Fiero with a Ferrari body kit (may look wicked but just doesn't cut it). Now in that I do get iffy about shooting a $6k Antique otherwise I would have bought a few I have seen up here already.
So any help would be great!



















































