Brutus
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
In all honesty for those of you with much experience with similar primitive rifles, (.50 calibre hawken style with semi-buckhorn sights) what do you think my maximum range should be for harvesting deer using a patched round ball?
I myself believe this side of 100 yards and perhaps even better 80 yards should be self-imposed limit. And all the while striving for a closer shot BTW.
I have taken a deer with archery gear in the past, so I think I can be successful with this BP rifle.
Any thoughts on this before I actually do the deed?
PS: I will be cheating and carrying my rangefinder with me.
I myself believe this side of 100 yards and perhaps even better 80 yards should be self-imposed limit. And all the while striving for a closer shot BTW.
I have taken a deer with archery gear in the past, so I think I can be successful with this BP rifle.
Any thoughts on this before I actually do the deed?
PS: I will be cheating and carrying my rangefinder with me.


















































