Recent .36 and .44 caliber cartridge purchases ---new stuff added.

drm3m

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Location
Montreal Quebec
I try to have one correct cartridge for each gun in my antique collection (handgun or long gun.)
I recently purchased the .36 and .44 caliber cartridges shown below. (I still do not have a .31 caliber cartridge.)



Three .44 caliber Civil War revolvers.



Two '51 Colt Navy .36 caliber revolvers.



Two early .36 caliber double action revolvers ---a Cooper Second Model Navy revolver (5 shot) and an early Remington-Rider D/A New Model Belt Revolver with a six shot fluted cylinder.



This stuff belongs to me.



These two pieces do not belong to me.



 
Last edited:
Three cartridges that I recently purchased to go with long guns guns that I own.



Left to right;
-.58 caliber Benet internal primed centerfire musket cartridge for the Needham Conversion musket.
-.50 caliber Smith Carbine cartridge.
-.52 caliber Sharps linen cartridge.

The guns;

-Smith Carbine.
-The cartridge.







----------------------------------------------------

- Model 1859 New Model Sharps rifle. (top)
-Needham Conversion of the U.S. Springfield Rifled Musket Model 1863.
The conversions were made in a factory in Trenton, New Jersey, expressly for the Fenian Brotherhood, for their raid into Canada in 1870. (bottom)





-----------------------------------------------------

.42 caliber cup-primed cartridges for the First and Third Model Plant Revolvers.





A sketch showing this cartridge.

 
Interesting post. Nice to see these early cartridges with the firearms. Sometimes the cartridges are harder to find than the firearms.

Thanks for posting.

Regards
 
Powderman on June 24 2001 I went to the Gettysburg Civil War Show and bought this bullet display.
I was convinced that I would never be able to find this stuff where I live. (I also bought a very nice M1860 Colt Army Revolver which was not part of my plan back then.)



The Colt.



This is where the recently purchased 'live cartridges' end up.

 
drm3m

What a fantastic Model 1860.

I hope law abiding Canadians will not have to turn these pieces of history in for destruction if the proposed handgun ban goes through!

Regards,
Powderman
 
Back
Top Bottom