Refinishing my TC Hawken - All that Brass

Fall Guy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've decided to refinish the stock on my .54 calibre percussion cap Hawken (some of the old finish has 'chipped' in a few areas) with some Behr Tung Oil that I've had excellent results with on some other firearms.

I'm also have to remove the tarnish from all the brass pieces. I'm guessing that a little Brasso will clean things up pretty quick but is there something I can put on, after cleaning, to delay oxidization?

Thanks ;)
 
Try "never dull magic wadding" it is available at Canadian tire. There is some sort of protectant that is laid down while you polish. It seems to keep brass nice and shiny for a long time.

Bush pilot
 
I use any type of mag wheel polish from can.tire or wally world on my brass and then wipe it down with a paste wax on my b.p. firearms. wax the wood as well
 
Back
Top Bottom