Reichrevolver Issue

Gunslingr

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey folks, so what i'e got here is an 1883 Reich revolver. Now somewhere along the way this tiny little (I think) tension bar spring inside the hammer decided it was going to snap. I know its a long shot but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to fix this, I know we've got a few very knowledgeable antique gun nuts on here some of whom collect these revolvers. Any ideas to get this old wheel gun back in action would be much appreciated.

QPQ2Q2U.jpg

Q3n2btM.jpg

L4Z7Png.jpg

HWRNYKN.jpg

Se7jvrQ.jpg

KDAzzH7.jpg

VN4fCmP.jpg
 
If you want to shoot these old gems you better learn to maintain them. Get some spring stock a torch and some files and learn to shape and temper small springs like that. These are like English motorcycles, you best get to enjoy tinkering.
 
Ye finding one is the problem. Nonone wants to bother. the smiths ive taken it too said its too much of a PITA and now worth their time unless they charge a ridiculous amount.
 
A tabletop hobbyist vise and a set of die makers files. Some Prussian blue and a pot of coffee. Got a commercial DA Reich revolver with the DA sear AWOL...its tough to get them going again, can be done though.
Good luck
 
Back
Top Bottom