Reload brass - 45 ACP

jbeamsville

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
hamilton
Can .45 auto Lellier & Bellot brass casing from the Czech Republic be re-used for reloads?

I was advised that due to its unique Primer units that this casing could not be re-loads.

S&B 45 auto :canadaFlag:
 
count the number of flash holes, if it's one and they're BRASS casings not STEEL,then yes, it can be reloaded- if it's 2 flasholes( which i have seen) then not- there is some BERDAN primed brass out there- provided there's not something odd like a wierd sized primer pocket as well
 
Some of the old Yugo brass used small pistol primers and I have reloaded them. The newer Winchester .45 ACP with their lead-free primers uses small primers as well.
 
I have reloaded it, as some range pickups are mixed in with my general stash. It rings a bell that they are a little funny, like primers seat a little deeper or not quite as deep or tend to need the decapper pin a little deeper to get the old ones out or something like that. I now tend to avoid picking them up, but haven't bothered trying to sort them out of my current stock. Whatever the trouble is, is insignificant enough that it isn't worth tyring to cull them.
 
I just reloaded a bunch of range scrounged S&B with no issues.

x2. I got 100 S&B with some range brass I recently bought. After hearing of possible problems on a different thread I ran these through the decapper/resizer and then re primed them with no problems at all. I'm confident, at this point, they'll accept powder and a new bullet without difficulty :).

On ther other thread, where problems were discussed, the round being reloaded was 9mm. Perhaps that makes a difference, I dunno :confused:.
 
x2. I got 100 S&B with some range brass I recently bought. After hearing of possible problems on a different thread I ran these through the decapper/resizer and then re primed them with no problems at all. I'm confident, at this point, they'll accept powder and a new bullet without difficulty :).

On ther other thread, where problems were discussed, the round being reloaded was 9mm. Perhaps that makes a difference, I dunno :confused:.

berdan primed 9mm is fairly common- all the european countries have at one time have done it that way as their systems were set up for it- just berdan everything, similar to our boxer everything- the 45 is a relativly new bird over there, and now that they've "seen the light" - the boxer being simpler to make, the switch to boxer is coming- but there's still millions of berdan primed out there, even fresh rounds made on the old machinery, so it's a very gradual switch
 
Back
Top Bottom