Reloading .380 revolver help

trailside

New member
Rating - 98.6%
68   1   0
Location
BC
Anyone able to help?
Does .38sw work in .380 revolver?
What dies do I need to reload? .38spl or .38sw?
BP only or smokeless works?
Where could I get mould for casting?
Thanks in advance.
B
 
The british called their break-action revolvers(enfields and webleys) from 30's to wwii ..380 or sometimes .38-200(for the bullet weight). This is same casing as usa .38 S&W(not special) and doesn't use a heeled bullet. If you have a black-powder era revolver you need to research or cast the chamber. Cartridges of world shows .380 revolver(1870's, a .375 heeled bullet), similar to and may accept .38 short colt. good luck
 
I have a bulldog and am just trying to figure out what I should shoot.
any load data for both .380 heeled and .38sw?
thanks
 
First thing to do would be to try .38S&W, .38Spec. cases and see if either is a starting point, what alterations to the cases might be needed.
 
Back
Top Bottom