reloading the 455.

3.2 grains of TB behind a 265 grain projectile? Wow, I'd be worried about squib loads! You must be able to count to 3 before the bullet hits the target! :)
I go as high as 3.7 grains of TB behind a 100 grain projectile in my Swiss 1882, though it's a little hot for my liking.
 
3.2 grains of TB behind a 265 grain projectile? Wow, I'd be worried about squib loads! You must be able to count to 3 before the bullet hits the target! :)
I go as high as 3.7 grains of TB behind a 100 grain projectile in my Swiss 1882, though it's a little hot for my liking.

webleys are a much weaker design then the swiss 1892
 
3.2 grains of TB behind a 265 grain projectile? Wow, I'd be worried about squib loads! You must be able to count to 3 before the bullet hits the target! :)
I go as high as 3.7 grains of TB behind a 100 grain projectile in my Swiss 1882, though it's a little hot for my liking.

It feels pretty good from the Webley. that is about as much Trail Boss as I can fit in the casing without compressing the powder when seating the bullet. But for sure the load won't set any speed records.
 
Webley ammo and large bore guns in general terms are much different species . Swiss is a small bullet going fast. 455 is big going slow.
Just for the record. I want to reload for S&W not webley so it can go bit hotter. That gun in many instances was bored out with 45 colt. One my friend owns is original 455 used by British and Canadians in WW I
 
Back
Top Bottom