rem 700 ML

Beater

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
449   2   1
I am just getting started with an older as new .50 cal rem 700 ML with a badger 209 primer update. ive got some 209 blackhorn on the shelf, but haven't got any slugs yet. anyone here have any recommendations as to what sabot and slug will be a good starting point?
 
250gr Barnes TMZ and between 90-100gr of Blackhorn, Your gonna have to test and see what the gun likes for the charge. Barnes cost a bit more than the others but what you gain in performance is well worth the cost.
 
The much maligned ml 700 . I have had one for years as my go to for pin point accuracy . I just won’t give her up . 100 yds I have it basically through the same hole . Mine likes 110gr 777 and the 250 gr Hornady / .45 cal / .50 sabot . She starts to wander if I increase powder and I just adopt bow hunter ethics . Only have one shot as far as I’m concerned so I want to be able to trust it’s accuracy . Have a TC bone collector , great rifle , but have never been able to make it shoot like the 700 . It’s more than fine , 1 1/2-2” but not like my 700.
 
well I see lots of them really really shoot. I put the badger 209 kit on it and haven't even shot it yet. next time im in town im going to get some supplys n get at it


blackhorn 209 will be my choice to start with I think, and barns
 
Back
Top Bottom