Rem 700 smokeless ML builder

kaleh01

Regular
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Location
Calgary
I am very interested in one of these. Anyone have Alberta recommendations for builders? My understanding is I can convert a SA rem 700 with .473 bolt face. I’m wondering about a switch barrel set-up with my existing .458 socom build? Just trying to do research and build knowledge before I go ahead.
 
Another LR muzzleloader to consider is the CVA Paramount. Pretty much turn key out of the box, just add optics. I picked one up a while back but have not had time to start testing yet with everything that's been going on.
 
I built one on a 700ML action a few years ago. And yes, now I see they are building some off an actual 700 action, which would be handy but the downside is having to use the modules. Member smokeeater is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these. Hopefully he will chime in.
 
Hi guys,

For you info I just started FB group fro CDN muzzleloader fan if you want to joint. Its a bilingual groups. Canadian muzzleloader shooter.

There is also Gerard Gaulin that built smokeless out of Fierce action with Brux barrel. They shoot extremely well .
 
Bringing this back to the top, I ended up with a smokeless ML built by Precision muzzleloader in MB I am told. SS rem 700 action with a 26” barrel. I have yet to shoot it, but plan to build it up for a long range muzzleloader for a few seasons we have around here.

I need to do some reading and talk to some people with experience on these. Going to be fun with a scope and turrets to reach out there to the ethical distance the gun will shoot consistently. Hoping for 500 if the energy is still there, we will see. But I’m the meantime, I have a few questions:

What are guys using for smokeless powder, mine came with some AA2260 I think it was.
What case and what primer and what length do I trim down to?
What loading rods do guys use that they find convenient since there is no holder on my rifle?
Any loading tools out there to hold a specific loose powder charges? I had some T/C tubes that were handy for pellets that I think will work.

Thanks all, this is pretty new to me. Looking forward to another season and rifle to play with.
 
I will be pleased to share my load but can you give us more detail about you ML. What barrel do you have and type of breach plug. You still use sabot or it bullet to bore.


Regards
 
Back
Top Bottom