Does anyone have a line on where a person can find parts for an original Remington .31 pocket revolver, the spur-trigger model?
These were issued with 2 cylinders, one for percussion, the other a 2-part cylinder for the new .32 Rimfire cartridge. Mine appears to have been built in late 1862 or early 1863.
I don't care if the parts are new repros or originals, just so long as they fit (or can be made to fit).
I have had this thing for 30 years and really want to try it out, just 5 shots, before Der Fuhrer in Ottawa decides that it is too dangerous for Canadians to have.
I have the frame, grips, loading lever complete, front part of the rimfire cylinder, cylinder axis, but I am missing just about the rest of the guts.
Even dimensioned drawings would help; I have a lathe and a mill.
Are there any parts from Remington's other .31s, or from the Italian replicas, which could be useful.... and where can they be located?
Thanks very much, friends.
These were issued with 2 cylinders, one for percussion, the other a 2-part cylinder for the new .32 Rimfire cartridge. Mine appears to have been built in late 1862 or early 1863.
I don't care if the parts are new repros or originals, just so long as they fit (or can be made to fit).
I have had this thing for 30 years and really want to try it out, just 5 shots, before Der Fuhrer in Ottawa decides that it is too dangerous for Canadians to have.
I have the frame, grips, loading lever complete, front part of the rimfire cylinder, cylinder axis, but I am missing just about the rest of the guts.
Even dimensioned drawings would help; I have a lathe and a mill.
Are there any parts from Remington's other .31s, or from the Italian replicas, which could be useful.... and where can they be located?
Thanks very much, friends.
Last edited:





















































