Remington 1858/1861 New Beals Army

Brutus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
118   0   1
I've looked at a few USA websites regarding these fairly interesting original cap&ball revolvers.
Getting one in nice condition from the US may not be too hard, but getting one with more than one cap&ball blackpowder cylinder is another thing altogether, and command more dollars. (I've only seen one with one extra spare)
Brand new manufactured spare cylinders from the Pietta Berretas modern copies of the 1858 are metric AFAIK, and should not fit the antiques.

any input fellas?
 
I have an original 1858 that was a dead relic when it was given to me. I brought it back to life. I do have 2 cylinders. There is a bit of history to these that is difficult to dig up.
Beal followed by 2nd model, Remington with German silver cone foresight. Followed by another more common model. Then the 61's navy etc.
There is an original Beals in Hamilton forsale on a US site. $1500.
In my opinion the best "overall" of the cap n balls made.
 
Most of the reproduction cylinders are too large for original frames. I not sure what reproduction cylinder even comes close....
 
Back
Top Bottom