Remington 1858 NMA Conversion Cylinder Fit

driller212

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
152   0   0
Location
Edmonchuk
Alrighty, so a friend of mine and myself have been trying to figure out which cylinder to get in 45 ACP for our 1858 conversions. There are Pietta and Uberti cylinders made by R&D, Talors, Kirst, and Howell. I was hoping someone with first hand experience might chime in as to what experience they have had with the cylinder they bought, which brand it was manufactured for, and what fitting was necessary if any. Keep in mind we are only going to be shooting BP loads.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

driller
 
Just for future reference, we ordered the Uberti as it is the closest fit to the originals. It functions, but I need to shim my hand so that it works perfectly (I have a uberti hand). I still have yet to try the original hand.
 
Back
Top Bottom