Newest ( OK oldest actually) toy in the box.
Remington Army.
Sporting a Pietta bbl and a Pedersoli / Uberti cylinder.

It was already changed up when I got it, so purists; don't slag on me for altering it.
Manufactured in March 1864 as far as the interweb tells me of the S.N.

I've been running 454. dia balls( think it wants .457 dia) over a waxed felt wad( to eat up Chamber volume as 30 gr still lets the rammer bottom out) over 25 gr of FFg ( Swiss ) BP.
Shoots a trifle high but other than that shoots quite well.
I do grease the chambers prior to shooting BTW. Someone helpful would have suggested that from the next picture

Sadly, I'm in sight of the bottom of the BP. Has anyone used the Alliant substitute?

And a cylinder loading press is going to be happening, along with a spare cylinder, as soon as I narrow down whether it's Pedersoli or Uberti that's req'd. My cylinder has proof marks, I've just not had the time to track them down yet.Has anyone here used / purchased a press here in Canada?
I'm pleasantly surprised as it came in at about 30 % of the average cost of a comparable Colt yet has superior strength. Two 'fer!
But what a hog to pack anywhere! I can't imagine the horse pistols; e.i. Walkers and Dragoons.
Only in the movies was anyone strapping one of those on their leg, I'm guessing.
Remington Army.
Sporting a Pietta bbl and a Pedersoli / Uberti cylinder.

It was already changed up when I got it, so purists; don't slag on me for altering it.
Manufactured in March 1864 as far as the interweb tells me of the S.N.

I've been running 454. dia balls( think it wants .457 dia) over a waxed felt wad( to eat up Chamber volume as 30 gr still lets the rammer bottom out) over 25 gr of FFg ( Swiss ) BP.
Shoots a trifle high but other than that shoots quite well.
I do grease the chambers prior to shooting BTW. Someone helpful would have suggested that from the next picture

Sadly, I'm in sight of the bottom of the BP. Has anyone used the Alliant substitute?

And a cylinder loading press is going to be happening, along with a spare cylinder, as soon as I narrow down whether it's Pedersoli or Uberti that's req'd. My cylinder has proof marks, I've just not had the time to track them down yet.Has anyone here used / purchased a press here in Canada?
I'm pleasantly surprised as it came in at about 30 % of the average cost of a comparable Colt yet has superior strength. Two 'fer!
But what a hog to pack anywhere! I can't imagine the horse pistols; e.i. Walkers and Dragoons.
Only in the movies was anyone strapping one of those on their leg, I'm guessing.


















































