Remington .22LR Cee Bee HP - WOW

Longwalker

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
217   0   2
Location
Saskatchewan
I just finished a session of barnyard gopher shooting with the new Remington .22 LR HP CeeBee cartridges. My new favourite quiet pest killer! We have many barns and outbuildings and are located right next to town, so full power .22's are risky to use. The old .22 short and .22 long CB's from Remington and CCI were round nose solid, and did not kill very well. The notched hollow points on the new Remingtons are vastly superior killers. I shot about 30 gophers with 50 shots. Most were instant one shot kills. My old Browning T-bolt seemed to shoot them accurately out to 50 yds. I could actually hear the bullets going "plop" on a solid hit. Very quiet report too. I would like to take some for grouse when we are in elk camp this fall. I'm sure they would be effective even with body shots and I doubt that they would tear up too much meat. And they are quiet enough not to spook other game much. After losing a couple grouse shot well with CB's in the past, I think these loads will be a significant improvement in low noise and close range hunting rounds.
 
Work good on gophers in a yard!! You might not be too happy with what they do to a grouse in a body shot, though. Just use shorts, or even long rifle with solid nose. All you will have is a bullet hole.

I am only speculating, as I have only ever used long rifle solid nose on partridge and Prairie Chicken for the last 50 years.
 
Back
Top Bottom