Remington 30.06 Accelarator.........

snipz

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Location
West Kelowna
Hey guys....Forgot I had a box of these....Cant even remember where I got it and how much it cost me.....Reading online it seems that its got a crazy velocity over 4000fps but accuracy isn't that great....I wanted to try some out but it seems it could be a collectors item so maybe I wont.....I saw a website where they were selling the .308 version for $5.95 per round and you could only buy 1 round per person.....Anyone have experience with them??...What were your observations??...

 
This stuff isnt that rare, I see it at gun shows pretty often. I got a full box of 3030 for like $15 last summer.

I'd actually forgot I had it. Im going to take some out this weekend to see how it performs
 
Used to be popular in some places where they had bizarre rules, like NS, where you at one time had to use a bullet under a 100gr to go after a coyote. Lots of it was floating around, 30-30, 308 and 30-06. You can still buy components like the sabots from various places, or similar. I remember someone loading them in 300WM once, almost 4500fps or something crazy like that. Anyway not overly great, not overly valuable.
 
I remember that stuff from when I was a kid endlessly pondering the SIR catalogue. Turn your '06 into a barn burning super varmint whomper. Dad had a box at some point as well, I don't recall how it worked but he never bought another one.
 
Back
Top Bottom