Remington copies...

BrotherRockeye

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
286   0   1
It struck me the other day while browsing an antique sight that I have seen countless S&W and Colt copies and even quite a few Webley copies...but I cannot recall ever seeing a period copy of a full size Remington revolver...

Modern copies aside,has anyone ever seen or does anyone own a Remington copy...1858,NMA,1875 etc...Belgian,Spanish or otherwise?

And if there aren't any copies of them,why aren't there any?(conspiracy theories welcome :p)
 
Never seen one either the quality of a Remington was just too hard for them to reproduce
 
Last edited:
I was looking at a stainless copy of a New Army Remington made by Pietta.
It is modern manufacture and is good quality.
1858_new_army_ss.jpg
 
I believe they are referring to the European penchant for copying American wheel guns during the 19th century, not recent manufacture. Having said that, I haven't seen one either. Not sure why. I don't think it was a quality issue, they did make some good copies of practically everything else. - dan
 
Back
Top Bottom