Remington Rolling Block gun smiths in canada.

Michael Magee
Phone/fax: 306-672-3556
cell: 306-741-6030

Haven't seen or heard anything of him in a while but have seen a couple guns he did that looked good.

Any good smith should be able to do a good job but I know kind of like to deal with someone that has worked with rolling blocks before too. The square threads can apparently be a bit tricky.
 
You might recognize this, it was for sale on the E.E. I just picked it up. Beautiful work.

Joe Marczi built it. It's a M1902 that was originally 7x57 and was rebuilt, rebarreled to .45/70.




RRB8.jpg


RRB7.jpg


RRB6.jpg


RRB5.jpg


RRB1.jpg


RRB2.jpg


RRB4.jpg
 
Nice job on that one! I really like the octagon to round bbl. What did it sell for?

Jason Spencer at Gunco in Ottawa also makes up custom rolling blocks. Mine's off at Turnbull getting color cased, otherwise I'd post a pic.
 
Steve Holburn, in Warren, Ontario. He just completed boring out my 12.7x44R to 50/70. I have seen a number of his guns and the work is very good. Just be patient.

705 967 0940
 
You might recognize this, it was for sale on the E.E. I just picked it up. Beautiful work.

Joe Marczi built it. It's a M1902 that was originally 7x57 and was rebuilt, rebarreled to .45/70.

Congrats, nice piece of iron, I'd have bought it weren't for the nose cap. I must have looked at that ad a 100 times just couldn't get over the look of the fore end.
 
I would have expected the octagon of the barrel to reach past the fore end, too. Pretty little detail on the wedding ring.

Nice looking piece, but looks like something brand new and built for mass production, rather than a nice custom build, to my eye. Seems way too modern looking. Too many modern cues in the design, sorta thing. Hard to put in words.

Claven2, Any troubles getting your stuff to and from Turnbull? Or was it straightforward postal deal, being Antique?

Cheers
Trev
 
Ron Smith, Wimbourne Alberta is a barrel maker and I've seen his work on Rem Rolling blocks. They shoot really well, the owners tell me. 403 - 631 - 2465
 
The RB pictured was nicely done, and is based on the strongest version of the action(smokeless), I couldn't get around it's modern look either, I'd take the forend down and pour a pewter cap to match orig. guns.
 
Rifle has a Green Mountain 30" long X 1.125" Full Octagon .500 bore--- .512groove dia. Lee Shaver Soule rear sight and Lyman Globe front.
Wood was from Treebone and fit and finished by the owner.
Made new hinge pins, bushed the firing pin hole to .080, couple of new springs installed, fit the barrel for min headspace on Starline brass, lapped the block in and put a small groove in the top of the hammer to accomodate the long 50-90 cartridge. His first load consited of a 525 gn 30-1 Lyman fn with 100 grns of FG a veggie wad and SPG lube, 5 shots went into 2 inches at 100yds (not bad for the maiden voyage!!) Gun weighs close to 12.5 lbs as pictured and recoil is stout but not too sharp. Kind of neat to get the old girl going again after so many years.
DSC_5827.jpg

DSC_5828.jpg

DSC_5829.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom