Hi,
I could use a little help.
I have a Remington rolling block action (well, most of it anyway) and a very nice butt. I have for some time been toying with the idea of using it as the basis for a BP build - most likely in 45-70, although I would dearly like to try a 40-70 Sharps Necked. I do have a lathe and mill that are up to the task - even though I may not be.
Here's the rub. I don't know what model it is. It is missing the breech block, firing pin assembly and extractor and I could use a little guidance in hunting down the parts. There may be other parts missing, but I am quite certain that's it. Once I know the model, I should be able to find a parts diagram. The trigger and hammer assembly are in good working order.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I could use a little help.
I have a Remington rolling block action (well, most of it anyway) and a very nice butt. I have for some time been toying with the idea of using it as the basis for a BP build - most likely in 45-70, although I would dearly like to try a 40-70 Sharps Necked. I do have a lathe and mill that are up to the task - even though I may not be.
Here's the rub. I don't know what model it is. It is missing the breech block, firing pin assembly and extractor and I could use a little guidance in hunting down the parts. There may be other parts missing, but I am quite certain that's it. Once I know the model, I should be able to find a parts diagram. The trigger and hammer assembly are in good working order.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks


















































