Reminton Smoot No. 3/4 mainspring

lefaucheux

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Netherlands
Dear fellow gun enthusiasts,

An acquaintance has a Remington No.4 from which the mainspring is missing as is the trigger return spring.
Now do I have a smoot No.3 so I thought I copy my spring. But I can't take it apart, the most rear frame screw won't come out. Not stuck, just turning and stays on it's place even when I push real hard and rotate at the same time.
So I decided to leave it as is.

I think I can make a spring with trial and error but it would be much better if anyone has such spring which he can copy to a sheet of paper and scan and mail? (with some dimensions).
Then I can print it and make the spring in the correct form.

Any help would be great!


Top my No.3 bottom the springless No.4
 
Back
Top Bottom