Remmington .22lr Thunderbolt Sucks.

I tried tbolts in my s and w pistol and my ruger rifle and samething in both. on average 1 in 8 jammed and 1 in 5 misfired
 
This... IMO, lots of misfires today at... Not impressed.

Just an FYI, any additional thoughts/opinions welcome...

P.S. whats an excellent by-the-brick .22lr round?

Well Greg, I have not bought any Rem .22 ammo in 15 years for the exact reason you mentioned.
I tried the yellow jackets back then and had the same trouble, except it was like 50 f to f in the brick I bought.
Since then I have had great success with CCI Stingers, Quick Shok, Federal and AE as well.
Solids or HP, does not matter what gun I ran them through, from CZ452 to the Sako FF's I have sold.
I am sure that others have covered the topic by now, but had to venture in balls deep .
Tight Groups,
Rob
 
Remington Thunderbolts once leaded my S&W K-22 so badly that bullets were keyholing after about 75 rounds. I had to screw a jag onto the end of a cleaning rod and drive the lead buildup at the forcing cone out before it would pass freely.
 
Remington rimfire ammo is widely regarded on Rimfire Central as the poorest quality rimfire ammo produced in the USA.
They do however have one good one and it is called Game Load,more expensive than many of the others and come with a 36gr HP. My browning lever gun thinks it is a CZ bolt gun when I feed it this ammo. FS
 
I have had the same experience with the Remington Thunderbolts....For the last 20 years I have using Winchester Wildcats and the performance has been near flawless...And you can get Wildcats for about $20 a brick, a far better price than most other 22lr ammo....
 
I get about 1 FTF in every 10 with Remington Target. I called their plant in Arkansas to complain. The guy was sympathetic.It is a widespread problem...a bad primer mix ..and he says they are working on a new formula for 2011.
If I had been in the USA he would have shipped replacements....but....
 
Remington Target is nothing but standard velocity Thunderbolt as far as I can tell. I also had the same leading problems when I tried it.
 
yes, the thunderbolts are dirty, but they are one of the few .22lr I've tried that will reliabily feed in my AA G17 kit. Probably because they are round nosed and so feed up the ramp better? I'd use CCI Blazer for the same reason.
 
Thunderbolt .22 ammo is junk

Thunderbolt .22lr is absolute junk! It was so dirty, frequently misfired and clearly had varying degrees of power. I could hardly wait to get rid of the rest of the 500 rounds I bought after the first box of 50 was done and did so with single shot .22. I never even dared to use it in my 10/22.

For those people who have had no problems with Thunderbolt, consider yourselves members of a true minority group.
 
The quality of ammo you receive is directly proportional to the money that you pay! So why are you complaining?

I never saw thunderbolts cheaper than cci blazers or winchesters wildcats. However the cci and win are near flawless, and way more consistent. Its rotten apples to apples, but still is comparing apples to apples.
 
The quality of ammo you receive is directly proportional to the money that you pay! So why are you complaining?

Not necessarily. None of the other inexpensive bulk ammo has anywhere near the problems that Thunderbolts do. Even the more expensive Remington ammo, like the Target mentioned above, is often garbage. Meanwhile, I have found the Winchester 333 or 555 to work as good as any other .22LR HV hollow points in any of my guns.

The real answer is to avoid Remingjunk like the plague.
 
Back
Top Bottom