remove please

GGUTHRIE

Regular
Uber Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
911   0   1
Location
Mountains of BC
ok guys what do I have here???Dutch 9.4 mm??
DSC06756.jpg

DSC06757.jpg

DSC06758.jpg

DSC06759.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yup. Dutch 1873 Old Model revolver in 9.4mm. The New Model has a round barrel and collared front sight. Very nice piece, great condition!
 
9.4mm Dutch

SPECIFICATIONS(SAE)
Bullet Diameter:
.380 in.
Max Overall Length:
1.215 in.

Case Capacity (est):
23.5 gr. water
Primer Size:
.210 in.

NOMINAL PERFORMANCE
Bullet Weight:
135 gr
Muzzle Velocity:
750 fps
Muzzle Energy:
168 ft-lbs



SPECIFICATIONS(METRIC)
Bullet Diameter:
9.65 mm
Max Overall Length:
30.86 mm

Case Capacity (est):
1.52 cc
Primer Size:
5.33 mm

NOMINAL PERFORMANCE
Bullet Weight:
8.75 gm
Muzzle Velocity:
228 mps
Muzzle Energy:
227 joules


The cartridge came out in 1873 for the Dutch military and police. It was offered in a double-action revolver of either 5 or 6 shots, depending on model. The revolver has a unique feature - if you turn the Laynard 1/4 turn it will lock up the revolver.
Loaded ammo is impossible to obtain but it can be made from .41 Magnum brass shortened & necked down. The .380 diameter bullets also have to be custom made.
It was replaced in 1911 by the 1903 Model Browning but was used to some extent until WWII. As far as can be determined, the 9.4mm Dutch Revolver was never offered commercially.

Dies are available at:
Code:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cf...78.htm
8027672470.jpg

ca408cd89a.jpg
 
I shoot one and use shortened 41 mag shells and was lucky and had a mold for a .385 bullet that I size down to 380. I am loading with home made dies. I think the mold that I have was probably intended for a 380 rook rifle. Powder charge, I just fill the case with 3F black

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom