Rendezvous question

tula

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
In Alberta/BC, do you have to be a member of a club or association, to attend rendezvous?
Back home we didn’t that I recall. We just had to pay an entry fee for the shoot and an extra fee to cover supper.
 
Very seldom should you need to be a member. Not at any that I usually get to. Might occasionally be an extra couple bucks for insurance if you don't have it through one of the shooting organizations.

Only exception I can think of might be the ABPA Provincials in Camrose on the August long weekend. They'll let you shoot but you may have to be a member to qualify for all the prizes.
 
Just waiting on my membership with ABPA, sent the papers in two weeks ago. Was just curious how it worked out here. Back home I attended 4 rendezvous a year, and didn’t have to have any memberships.
 
Not many ranges are open to the public anymore, even for events
Pulled into one and was getting the stink eye until I produced a BCWF member card
Not sure how it made the pass, but satisfied the parking attendant )
 
now to find some buckskinner gear. Gave all mine away before I moved. I’ll be attending the Fort Whoop up rendezvous this year, just for Saturday because I gave all my canvas away too. Anyone else here attending?
 
None of the Vancouver Island rendezvous require a club membership nor does Heffley Creek which is the week ending with Labour Day. The only qualification I can think of is that you require a club membership for your handgun transport to be valid

cheers mooncoon
 
That's my home club but I'm planning to be at Heffley Creek. Sorry to miss you.
Check out the flint knapping group while you're there. Some talented craftsmanship.

Red Deer and Sherwood Park should both have fall Rendezvous as well.
 
Last edited:
Do people usually have trade blankets out, with gear for sale? I found back home most rendezvous did.
 
There's usually a little of that but not a lot anymore. Ralph will probably have some black smith goods. Might be some things posted in the clubhouse. Ask around if there's anything in particular you are looking for.

It depends on who shows up and Heffley Creek being a much bigger event attracts more of the serious traders, I suspect.
 
Back
Top Bottom