Replacement barrel for a safari arms

slug1977

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Location
cold lake
Looking for a dealer or where I could pick up a new barrel for my .50 safari arms Hawkins? It is currently a .50 I'm just gonna throw this out there , could I put a .54 or .58 barrel on it or is there changes that must be done or too much bang for the rest of the rifle to handle ?
 
Don't know where to find one off hand but it should be made by Invest Arms. Is there a capital 'I" stamped in the barrel or does it maybe say Invest Arms on it along with made in Italy?
 
I looked up Safari Arms on line, and judging by the patchbox and overall appearance of the rifle it is made by Investarm in Italy.
I owned one in .54 caliber, and this is supported by one that I found for sale in .54 caliber.

In the links below, the Safari Arms and Investarm rifles are the same, and are still made and sold.

https://joesalter.ca/products/50-cal-hawken-sold-by-safari-arms

http://www.investarm.com/eng-avancarica.html

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=3461&osCsid=ldlds1jl06llhkb0e0t28mhd81

Also, the Lyman Trade Rifle is made by Investarm, and while it has a fixed rear sight and a single trigger, the barrel is quite likely the same otherwise.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1064883684/lyman-trade-muzzleloading-rifle-percussion-1-in-48-twist-28-barrel-blue

So, if the .54 barrel is the same width as the .50 barrel, perhaps a Lyman Trade Rifle barrel would just drop in and the key would line up with the barrel retainer.

This is very likely since my Lyman Great Plains .54 barrel is the same size as my TC Hawken .50 barrel.

Getting one out of the USA would be the hard part I would assume.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom