Replacement Grips for Colt SAA?

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
I need to get some new grips for a 1st gen SAA. I'm leaning towards reproductions of the original but haven't made up my mind as yet, wood might look good, too.

Looking online I see 2 suppliers that I'm considering - Gun Grips, and Vintage Gun Grips . Both have been around for a while and have decent reps. Has anyone purchased SAA grips from these suppliers and if so how did they look and fit? Did the escutcheons and screws fit OK? Any other suppliers i should look at?
 
I bought a pair from vintage gun grips the quality seems good, I ordered the set described as being 1/16" oversize and they definately are. The screw they supplied was brass though.
 
both companys are ok but over charge for frist class shipping.
takes weeks for grips to get here to.
 
Back
Top Bottom