Replacement Part for Martini-Enfield

Drachenblut

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
Location
Smithers, B.C.
Hello All,

Good news, bad news.

Good news: Bought an amazing Martini-Enfield Artillery Carbine Mk.II from a fellow CGN'er a little while ago.

Bad News:The firing striker pin is broken off, it protrudes less than 0.030 from the bolt face and it is crooked/warped.

I have spoken to a gent on Milsurps and he says I need a replacement (DoubleD for those who know him). Now, where can I obtain a replacement striker for the .303 Martini-Enfield? I would prefer to look in Canada before having to source to the states, as my only other option would be to obtain a Martini-Henry striker and have it "turned down" until it fit properly. I would prefer an original Enfield striker. I will include a picture to show just how bad mine is. They say on milsurps it's the worst they've seen in years. My Martini is a British made, not Kyber for the record.

If anyone could help me out, I would be very appreciative!

- Drachenblut

P2130011.jpg

P2130009.jpg
 
I saw your post over there about the rifle as well. I would post in the "parts" area of the Equipment Exchange as someone may have one in a parts bin. I believe that a Martini Henry striker could be brought down to size but they may be much harder to find than a ME striker. If I was in this position I would be off to the best welder I could find and have a new tip welded on. Have you tried a competent gunsmith? I have a machine shop closeby here where I take all of my problems for solutions. They are great. Good luck, Dave
 
Please reduce the size of your pictures. The member who just might have the part or know where to get one may be on dial up too.
Gunparts lists a Large Frame Centerfire firing pin at $25.60US. Assuming that's the right part. Listed under Martini, Miscellaneous.
Try Epp's though.
 
The Martini Henry and Martini-Enfield strikers are not interchangeable, but the Henry's can be turned down. I've already solved the issue however with another CGN'er who has a full length pin.
 
You can set back the shoulder on a firing pin like that as well.
clean out the firing pin channel in the bolt really well. That bolt should be bushed for the firing pin as well. There are a number of things that can be done to get the protrusion out further without too much work.
 
Back
Top Bottom