Replacing ugly Thompson center rear sights

H Wally

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
193   0   0
Looking at a thompson center hawken right now, and while the price is right, the rear sights on them really throw me off.

I just can't ignore their blocky profile. I've got a browning mountain rifle with nice dovetailed buckhorn rear sight and I like it...

So, how hard is it to replace those ugly square TC rear sights with something nicer looking? I suspect the rear sight is dovetailed in, but don't know for sure... maybe it's pinned or has a screw?. I guess I could always just pick it up and find out, but I'd rather know for sure.
 
I use California "matched sights" on my rifles and Thegunworks carries them for the T/C's like this .

ACFC91.jpg


Cheers nessy
 
You're welcome, the key to these are, they're matched, not sure about the T/C's but the dovetailed ones come in narrow or thick(old eyes) front sights.

Cheers nessy.
 
Back
Top Bottom