Reproductions of old guns

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I have only been a gun nut for about 4 months and have ordered an 1851 Colt Navy. in the meantime I have a .22LR semi auto to get used to shooting. I would really like to start a collection of reproduction Colts but Canadian gun laws will not permit me to own a pistol with a barrel less than 4.125 inches, the gun I have in mind has a barrel length of 4.000 inches. There are two ways to go on this. Have the gun maker add the extra length $$$$$$ or plead with the powers that be for an exemption on the grounds that it is antique in nature.
The gun I have in mind is a Colt 1848-49 Pocket with the loading lever, they can be had but the barrel is one eight of an inch short for Canada.
I can understand why small concealable guns would be a concern for Law Enforcement but the bad guys don't have PALs anyway so what do you think should I try to get an exemption.:D
 
I want a reproduction that I can beat to hell and leave to my offspring with some provenance, and I can't afford the real thing.:)
 
Pleading isn't going to work.
Reproduction handguns do not have antique status, so the 12(6) classification applies.
Your only option is to find the one you want with a barrel over 105mm long.
As such things go, original .31s are often the least expensive original Colt revolvers.
 
Back
Top Bottom