I recently acquired a single barrelled 16 bore flintlock shotgun by James Wilkinson & Son, London, Gunmakers to His Majesty. High quality London gun. According to the company records (which have survived) the gun was entered in the ledger September 7th, 1822. I have obtained a copy of page. Unfortunately, the gun was sold "over the counter" and the customer's name was not recorded.
The silver thumbpiece is engraved with a "demi wolf rampant", the head and torso of an upright wolf, facing left.
Any suggestions for how to find the family associated with this crest? I have played with google a bit, but have not found anything specific.
Incidentally, of the 15 or so guns entered on this page of the Wilkinson ledger, the majority are percussion guns, and most are smaller bore, 16 and under.
The silver thumbpiece is engraved with a "demi wolf rampant", the head and torso of an upright wolf, facing left.
Any suggestions for how to find the family associated with this crest? I have played with google a bit, but have not found anything specific.
Incidentally, of the 15 or so guns entered on this page of the Wilkinson ledger, the majority are percussion guns, and most are smaller bore, 16 and under.


















































