Hello all - I'm looking for some advice on restoring an old flintlock action that has been in the family for ever.
I'd like to get the lock back to firing condition and then build a gun around it. I'm still looking for the sear spring and the mainspring - I believe all the other parts are salvageable. I've already cleaned it up considerably with gun oil, brushes and some very fine steel wool.
The frizzen seems to have a little too much gap and the plate seems to have a slight bend just behind the ####.
Any suggestions on steps, how realistic this is or who the manufacturer was or what kind of gun it would likely have lived on would be terrific.
I've reached out to a number of US companies that do restorations with mixed results, but if there's someone here in Canada that would probably be best.
Thanks everyone!
PS: tried posting pics but having trouble - anyone able to help on that as well?
I'd like to get the lock back to firing condition and then build a gun around it. I'm still looking for the sear spring and the mainspring - I believe all the other parts are salvageable. I've already cleaned it up considerably with gun oil, brushes and some very fine steel wool.
The frizzen seems to have a little too much gap and the plate seems to have a slight bend just behind the ####.
Any suggestions on steps, how realistic this is or who the manufacturer was or what kind of gun it would likely have lived on would be terrific.
I've reached out to a number of US companies that do restorations with mixed results, but if there's someone here in Canada that would probably be best.
Thanks everyone!
PS: tried posting pics but having trouble - anyone able to help on that as well?



















































