Restricted deregistration process questions.

41 Colt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
307   0   0
Location
BC
I have a restricted Colt 1892 DA (made in 1892) converted to .38spl I would like deregistered to antique status.

I tried for a couple days to get in touch with the techs at extention 1090 and even tried the french line at 1091, nothing. I asked one of the ladies in a general inquiry about doing it and was again transfered to the tech line and actually spoke to someone, the seccond time. I had complained to her about not being able to get ahold of anyone and other people (you guys) stating the same thing, maybe that made a difference? He asked for my email and said he would email me forms for doing it, I have yet to receive them.

Prior to that I emailed all three email addresses in the stickied thread and got a reply today stating I need to phone and request a description change to change the class and to state the new caliber and that the registrar would need to review it. I phoned but was told I need to have a verifier look at the revolver in order to make any changes to it's classification.

What is the process to deregister a converted gun? Anyone on here a verifier?
 
Don't think you can.
The Criminal Code defines antique firearms as:

firearms manufactured before 1898 that were not designed or re-designed to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition, or

wouldn't having it converted to a modern caliber fall in that class.
 
A handgun manufactured before 1898 that is capable of discharging centre-fire cartridges, other than a handgun designed or adapted to discharge 32 Short Colt, 32 Long Colt, 32 Smith and Wesson, 32 Smith and Wesson Long, 32-20 Winchester, 38 Smith and Wesson, 38 Short Colt, 38 Long Colt, 38-40 Winchester, 44-40 Winchester, or 45 Colt cartridges.

Sounds like it qualifies.
 
Yeah there are a few of them floating around in .38 special that are antique status...

I don't see any reason why he couldnt get antique status for his provided the frame was pre 1898, he says 1892 so your golden as far as I'm concerned.
 
Yeah there are a few of them floating around in .38 special that are antique status...

As well as a bunch of SAA models in .44spl and .45ACP, not to mentoin the Webleys.

It qualifies 100%, I'm just not clear on how to do it.
 
Don't think you can.
The Criminal Code defines antique firearms as:

firearms manufactured before 1898 that were not designed or re-designed to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition, or

wouldn't having it converted to a modern caliber fall in that class.

wrong.............do your homework

Hint: Go to the blackpowder & antiques forum, & read the flowchart sticky
 
Back
Top Bottom