Rifle case

Skinny 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver
I bought an inexpensive Kentucky rifle kit and have been working on it and have it far enough along to try firing it at the range. I went out today to try and find a hard case for lugging the rifle up to the range without raising too many eyebrows. The cheapest one cost more than the rifle...a soft pouch type wouldn't work as the rifle has a delicate brass front sight which is easily bent or broken. Anyone know where I can get a hard case for this in the Lower Mainland area?????
 
There aren't any available in Canada for less than a couple hundred bucks, in my experience. I was looking for one for airline travel and the 62" version from Dixie Gun Works costs $365 USD plus shipping!
For trips to the range why not make a light wooden case with piano hinge and simple lockup. Line it with foam. I had quotes over a grand to weld one up on a custom basis.
 
I wrapped it in an old sheet and took it to the range today without incident. I haven't finished sanding it into shape yet so it was lashed together with duct tape, it held together for 20 rounds.
I think building a lightweight wooden case for it is the only option,it could look good if I use hardwood laminate.
 
Back
Top Bottom