Rifle Shoppe Baker

JT11

Member
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Location
Ottawa
Howdy folks,

Check out my Baker Rifle that I've been building for the last few years from a Rifle Shoppe kit. I went with a browned barrel, but left the lock unfinished because I didn't want to polish away all the engravings. This is my first rifle build, and the kit was actually a partially finished/semi broken build I purchased from another forum member. I have another kit of parts for a second one that I plan to build now that I've learned a few of the skills required.

Full Album Here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/BHF2J8a/comment/1619074889

Slow mo:
zZoVtCah.jpg

2gUy9Pih.jpg

pK1mHJfh.jpg
 
To polish one of those locks I start with around a 220 grit sand paper and work my way up to an 800 grit wet dry paper. It doesn’t harm anything. I do all mine by hand. I’m assuming your way you were considering was to buff it on a wheel?
 
Back
Top Bottom