rifled slugs out of a smooth bore shotgun

SneakySniper

Regular
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Location
Ottawa
I have some hornady slugs that say "for use in a rifled barrel" will I mess up my smoothbore barrel if I fire these from it? I wouldn't think so but I'm not sure and I wouldn't want to mess up my shotgun barrel.
 
hornady slugs

Those "slugs" are most likely sabots...... A pointed bullet inside a plastic sleeve.

What you want is "rifled slugs"

I have shot plenty of them from various shotguns, but accuracy to about 60 yards. The rifling is built into the slugs.... They come out of a smooth bore spinning. They can be shot from any shotgun, but a cyllinder or IC choke is ideal.


Those hornady's need a rifled barrel in order to create a spin ... from a smooth bore, I think you're wasting money, but damage your barrel... no.

Lucky
 
I have a nice combo gun with pop sights for the rifle barrel. Thes eallow me to ai well with slugs, too.

I tried rifled slugs and sabot slugs. The rifled slugs shot very well. The sabots would put 2 touching and the thrird would be way off.

Sabots need rifled barrels - and mine is not.

Buy rifled slugs. They are accurate to about 40 yards in my gun.
 
Back
Top Bottom