rimfire ammo labeled 'H'

Winshester used to stamp their rimfire ammo with an H in honor of Tyler Henry... On modern ammo, it could maybe be Hornady but I believe they only make .17 and .22 WMR
 
Winshester used to stamp their rimfire ammo with an H in honor of Tyler Henry... On modern ammo, it could maybe be Hornady but I believe they only make .17 and .22 WMR

Thanks !!! Appreciate it!:cheers:



I also found this on another site...

The H head stamp is Winchester. Oliver Winchester was a business man who saw potential in the Volcanic brand lever action rifles and pistols. He brought the manufacturing rights. His engineer was Benjamin Henry who improved the design to make the Henry rifle which then became known at the Winchester. Henry also improved the original rimfire cartridge design. To honor this work for the company Winchester use the H head stamp on some of their rimfire ammunition.
 
Back
Top Bottom