Rolling Block.....need info .....

Dantforth

CGN frequent flyer
GunNutz
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
My friend just purchased this and is going to have it relined or rebarreled but would like to know it's source first and possibly the quality of the metal in the action. It is in 16 gauge right now but does have rear and front sights which look original. There are no marks anywhere other than a four digit serial number followed by a single "5" under the forewood. The same numbers are also on the forewood. Can someone help? Beautiful figure in the butt. Dave
DarrylsRollingBlock_zps24dcbe49.jpg
[/IMG]
RollingBlock16001_zpsf08ee18a.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Last edited:
I had one very similar and also 16 guage. The gun was made in Spain in the 1800s and was also 16 guage. I sold it mostly because I didn't feel the action was very strong with that deep cut or notch behind the pivot pin for the breach block. It would probably be OK for 44-40 or similar shells but I would hesitate to use it for the (black powder) cartridges used in long range rifle shooting

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom